The Investiture ceremony for Grades XI & XII is not just a formal announcement of giving away the portfolios and responsibilities to the newly elected school council but also the belief that these young and passionate leaders would influence and inspire their peers to create more leaders. The selection of these students is based on their academic performance, creative abilities and assessment of their overall conduct, where they were marked for their organisational and leadership skills.
Inter house, inter class and inter section competitions are to beorganised in sports, cultural programmes, creative work and academics. Emphasis is laid on the development of values through co-curricular activities. Cultural activities are streamlined in order to nurture in children, a sense of pride for the motherland and its rich heritage and being a part of the biggest democratic and secular nation in the world
The school organises a number of Inter House Competitions in the field of co-curricular activities. This system inculcates the spirit of participation and healthy competitive thinking among them for active participation of each and every student.
Every student and every teacher is a member of one of four ‘houses’. Points garnered through the year at a multitude of activities count towards the award of annual trophies for excellence in all the activities, both at the individual and team level.
Role and Responsibilities of House In-charge& Co-members
- Working under overall guidance of the Principal to ensure smooth management of the house and maintenance of House discipline.
- Motivating all the student members of the house to participate in inter-house co-curricular events and other activities.
- Delegating duties to House Captains and Vice& Sports Captains for grooming and ably managing the various teams for Inter House activities.
- Working ceaselessly with the House Captains and Vice& Sports Captains towards bringing the best out of the students.
- Maintain an attendance register for house students and take their attendance during every house meeting.
- A proper record of each activity must be mentioned. This report should be comprehensive and recording the achievements of the house.
- Attendance and uniform should be a matter of pride. A regular check must be maintained.
- Volunteer duties must be assigned to the students. The house is responsible for ensuring that volunteer report regularly on time.
- Inter house and inter school competitions and events are essential in providing the students an opportunity to identify and enhance their talents, and also help to build a team spirit. The house work as a team to prepare students for various competitions and also organize the events by rotation. All Members of the House must also ensure that students learn how to be an ideal audience.
- Guidance and counseling of students under their charge.
- Floor wise duties must also be assigned to the students and the teachers of the House on duty.
- Record of late comers at the gate maintained by House on Duty.When a student is late, the late coming has to be entered in the diary by the Class teacher and must be countersigned by the Parent/Guardian.(page 20)
- Submission of Assembly Register 3 days before the House begins the duty.1 day before the week begins to be taken back from Principal`s Office.(From July 2022)
- Carrying out all other duties assigned by the Principal.
Role and Responsibilities of the House Captains&Vice&Sports-Captains
- Demonstrating team spirit while working with other members of the house.
- Encouraging fellow students to participate in house activities and competitions.
- Sustaining the spirit of the House and bidding fellow students to maintain discipline during House activity–Inter and Intra House /Class wise competitions (sports, literary, creative and cultural).
- Seeking guidance from the House In-charge and reporting to him/her.
- Performing the duties with a non-discriminatory approach.
- Assisting House In-charge in selecting talented students to represent the House in competitions.
- Carrying out all other duties assigned by the House In-charge.
Role and Responsibilities of the HEAD BOY AND HEAD GIRL
- Act as a bridge between Principal, teachers and students.
- Help teachers to maintain a quality and better school atmosphere.
- Look after the overall activities of the school.
- Keep vigilance on other students when they are in and out of the school.
- Help the School management to carry out the responsibilities.
- Organise meeting with other Prefects once a week.
- Act as a role model to their peers.
- Counsel and guide the peers in positive discipline.
- Collect feedbacks and suggestions on school development plans from the peers and report during meetings.
- Make presentations and reports to the School Principal on all activities inside or even outside the premises.
Role and Responsibilities of the DISCIPLINE PREFECTS
- Prefects should act as the role model for all the students in the School.
- Prefects must adhere to School Rules and Regulations at all times.
- The main duty of prefects is to maintain an atmosphere of friendly cooperation, peace, discipline and unity in the School.
- Prefects should serve as counselors to junior students.
- Prefects must liaise and collaborate with each other, as a team, to ensure efficiency and smooth running of their own area of responsibility and of the school as a whole.
- Prefects academic and behavioural standards must be maintained.
- Prefects will always work in the interest of the school.
- They should follow the code of conduct as described by the school.
- Students Council 2022-23 (July 2022):
- HEAD BOY, HEAD GIRL; HOUSE CAPTAINS(ALL FROM CLASS XII)
- HEAD BOY, HEAD GIRL( Class V)
- HOUSE VICE-CAPTAINS& HOUSE SPORTS CAPTAINS&DISCIPLINE INCHARGES (ALL FROM CLASS XI) = 1+1+4+4+4+4=18 POSTS.
- DisciplineCo-ordinators (per House) :3 each from Class 9/8/7.
BOHRA PUBLIC SCHOOL, BALLABGARH
PREFECTORIAL BOARD POLICY
Bohra Public School provides many opportunities for young people to develop leadership and representation skills and we entrust our students with responsibilities commensurate with their strengths and abilities. Student Leadership (Prefect System) provides important benefits to both the Student and as well as to the school. Prefects have the potential to influence the school environment and the behavior of their fellow pupils by becoming advocates for positive change in the school community.
- School Prefects will work to ensure that their moral and academic life shall always be a model for the student community to emulate.
- All Prefects will undergo a training seminar with the school Principal where their duties and responsibilities will be explained to them.
- Each Prefect shall have a document defining his/her area/s of responsibility.
- If, any Prefect tarnishes the name of the school or fails to set an example to their peers; their badge and duties will be suspended.
Prefect General Requirements:
- Academic Achievements
Students who intend to put themselves forward for the role of school prefect must have exemplary records in terms of behaviour, aptitude and attendance. They must also be working according to their full potential in terms of academic achievement and progress.
- Personal skills and aptitudes
- Always be Self-confident: be assertive
- Prefects should have the ability to speak in public, to students and adults.
- Display team work and be organised and resourceful.
- Be polite, honest, reliable, punctual and hardworking.
- Prefects are ultimately answerable to the Principal and teachers.
- On a day-to-day basis, Prefects are answerable to the individual member of staff in their areas of responsibility.
- Prefects must adhere to the School rules.
- The main duty of Prefects is to maintain an atmosphere of co-operation, peace, discipline and unity in the school.
- Prefects must coordinate and collaborate with each other, as a team, to ensure efficiency and smooth running of their own area of responsibility and of the school as a whole.
- Prefect’s academic and behavioural standards must be maintained.
- Prefects will always work towards the interest of the school.
- Prefects will be given set of roles and responsibilities.
- Removal from post as Prefect
- Prefects, who fail to adhere to the code of behaviour and to maintain the role and responsibilities of Prefect, will be given a notice of intention to remove their prefect status.
- Prefects understand that they can be replaced if, in the judgment of the Principal and staff, they are not fulfilling their roles effectively and in accordance with the prefect role descriptors and outline of duties. Students failing to address the area(s) of concern will have their prefect status removed.
In performing duties as School Prefect, each prefect will be expected to:
- Respect the rules and regulations of the school and observe the school rules at all times.
- Be dressed appropriately at all times. Prefects shall wear their badge that distinguishes their office at all times.
- Be punctual for duties and attend all prefectorial meetings.
- Maintain an excellent academic and behaviour record and lead by example, ensuring the pursuit of academic excellence and orderly behavior.
- Be positive and enthusiastic, encouraging and motivating fellow students.
- Be cooperative, helpful, well-mannered, trustworthy, and responsible.
- Be respectful towards teachers, peers, and the school environment.
- Display leadership qualities: confidence, reliability, initiative, problem solving skills.
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities.
- Be able to work independently and complete tasks.
- Prefects, in discharging, their duties should act with kindness in assuming their role of senior brother/sister to the junior ones placed in their charge.
- Prefects shall work together as a single body to promote cohesiveness and discipline in all their domains.
- Prefects will work to ensure the smooth functioning of the school by helping to facilitate peace, order and discipline and strict respect of school rules without fear or favour.
- Prefects will attend all the school events and activities whenever required and will be expected to help, lead and serve.
- Prefects shall not sublet their authority to their friends for convenience.
- Prefects must be excellent ambassadors for the school, representing the school’s image positively.
- Prefects will act as additional pair of eyes at break time and dispersal time.
- Prefects will act as friends and buddies for those who need support.
- Prefects will carry out tasks and jobs directed from time to time by the staff members.
- Disciplined & Responsible behavior
- Self Confidence & Maturity
- Organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Academic Performance (minimum 70 percent in last academic session)
- Code of conduct &Regularity in attending during last year`s online and current year`s offline classes.
- Prefects may only be nominated and proposed from classes IX, XI&XII.
- Active participation in Inter-house, Interschool competitions and other activities & programs of the school.
BOHRA PUBLIC SCHOOL
(Affiliated To C.B.S.E New Delhi)
Application for Eligibility
Post Applied for: _______________________
- Year of Joining the school:
- Academic Record (10 &11 Class)-For class XII Students:
Class 10 (session 2020-21):___ % Class 11(session 2021-22): ____%
Academic Record (9 &10 Class)-For class XI Students:
Class 9 (session 2020-21):___ % Class 10(session 2021-22): ____%
- Participation Results in Interhouse, Interschool competitions and other activities & programs of the school:
- What areas you would like to improve in the school and how ?_________________
e.Please rate yourself 1 – 5 in the following areas. Circle the number which applies (5 = strong in this area)
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITY CONDUCT
1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5
- Write about your personality and leadership qualities:______________________
|g. Explain why you would be a good prefect and which role would suit you best:____________________________________________________________
- Interview by Principal, House Incharges& Sports Incharge (50%):
- Voting by the Teachers&Students (30%):
- Academics of last 2 years (20%):
Above 90% : 20 %marks; Between 80-89.8%: 18%; Between 70-79.8%: 15%;Between 60-69.8%: 10% marks.
Student Prefect’s signature: ______________________ Date: _______
Class Teacher’s signature: __________________________ Date: ______
House Incharge`s signature: __________________________ Date: ______
LIST OF HOUSE PREFECTS
|1.||CHETALI SHARMA IX-C||PRIYANSHI IX-B||SANSKRITI IX-B||JATIN IX-A|
|2.||SAUMYA TIWARI IX-C||TANMAY MISHRA IX-B||AAYUSHI IX-B||MEGHAXI-C|
|3.||PREM IX-C||VANSHIKA IX-A||SHLOK IX-A||KESHAV IX-C|
|4.||KRISHNA IX-C||SOFIA IX-A||RITIK IX-C||KRISHNA IX-B|
|5.||SNEHA IX-B||GARIMA IX-A||AADITYA IX-B||KARTIK IX-A|
|6.||SURAJ XI-D||TANIYA IX-C||VILASH XI-C||PALAK XI-C|
|7.||DEV MALIK XI-C||PARI XI-D||KUNAL XI-D||HIMANSHI SINGH XI-C|
|8.||SAKSHI XI-C||HARSH XI-A||SAHIL KHAN XI-C||SAKSHI XI-A|
|9.||MEHAK XI-C||AMAN XI-A||SNEHA XI-D||SHRISHTI XI-A|
|10.||AAYUSH GAUTAM XI-C||PAYAL XI-D||KHUSHI BHARTI