- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CLASS TEACHERS: To select responsible class monitors to assist him/her in maintaining class discipline.
- To train and to guide the monitors to be efficient & effective in class control in his/her absence.
- To instruct class to conserve water, electricity & paper regularly. Advise them to be respectful to seniors, peers, juniors, plants & animals.
- To check class for proper & clean uniforms, shoes, hair & nails.
- To boost the morale of non-performing students.
- To communicate with other subject teacher’s regarding non-performance in their subjects concerned.
- To check bags of students, at random intervals, on a regular basis for contrabands items.
- Guide them in general deportment instilling values among them.
- To ensure that parents send leave application/medical certificate for the absence of their ward & file them for records.
- To ensure safety & neatness in the class through class monitors with emphasis on arrangement of furniture, maintenance of display boards, black boards, duster, cupboards & dustbin.
- To ensure safety & repairs/replacement of window panes, switches, fans, tube-light, & black board etc. and to display do’s and don’ts of instructions in the class room.
- To keep the Principal informed of any problem/incidents.
- To build a rapport with all the students irrespective of their performance and instill in them confidence and trust so that so that the students look up to him/her for guidance and there is a free flow of communication.
- Be accessible to the students at all times and more so in times of need.
- Instill a sense of belongingness to the class and to the school at large.
- Student’s entries to be completed in all respects. The entries should conform to admission cum withdrawal register/application submitted by parents at the time of admission of his/her ward.
- All the subject teachers till Class VIII- must concentrate on the students` READING/NEATNESS/COPY MAINTENANCE/HAND WRITING / ARITHMETIC / DEVELOPMENT OF BASIC HUMAN SKILLS.
II DUTIES OF CLASS/SUBJECT TEACHERS INSIDE THE CLASS ROOM:
- The class room should be neat and tidy.
- The seating arrangement should be proper.
- Overflowing dust bin should be avoided. Cupboard, if any, should not be made into make shift dustbins.
- The display boards in the class room should have i. Class Time Table ii. House division chart iii. Subjects` related matter.
- Class room should be well decorated with colourful charts.
- Black board should contain the following information period wise and day wise, on a compulsory task.
- Date: Subject: Students on Roll:
- Class: Unit: Students Present:
- Class Teacher: Topic: Students Absent:
- Subject Teacher: Period:
7 Students who are given permission to go for drinking water or for washrooms etc. should invariably have an Out Pass.
8 Check the nails, whether the shoes are polished, dress and 50 ml sanitizer bottle. S/he is wearing mask.
9 Control the unnecessary movements of students within the periods.
III. DUTIES DURING MORNING ASSEMBLY:
- The Class Teacher will accompany and lead the students of their respective classes to the Morning Assembly.
- Punctuality and promptness of Class Teacher along with respective students immediately after the Assembly bell/Drum beat.
- Ensuring that uniform check is conducted by Line Monitor and students are made to stand height wise in increasing order in a straight line with adequate gap between two students.
- Ensuring that the students disperse to the respective classes maintaining line discipline.