The school library has a good collection of books in different subjects and for general reading. Housed above the Administrative block, the senior school library is very spacious providing an optimum studying environment for the students. The Primary wing also has a well-stocked library providing pleasurable reading to the young tiny tots. The school library has a collection of wonderful & exciting books suited to the needs & tastes of growing children. The reading room is regularly updated with useful journals & newspapers for all ages, abilities & aptitudes.
More than 6700 books with 510 reference books are stocked and 6 magazines & 4 newspapers are subscribed by the school. Senior library has a collection of reference books, students` course books, teachers` copies, audio-visual aids etc.
- The library shall remain open from 8.00 a.m.to 1.30 p.m. (summers) & 8.30 a.m.to 2.00 p.m (winters) on all working days.
- Each class has been allotted at least one period in a week. Students must get the books issued or return in that period only.
- Students are expected to follow the library rules and maintain the decorum while making the best use of the place. In the Primary classes, the library period is taken in the class. The students may exchange books during the break.
- The library is meant to be a quiet place for reading. Students are instructed to keep their voices low and treat everyone respectfully.
- The library has a closed shelf system. Books are already arranged neatly for the convenience of all users. Students must not place books haphazardly on the shelves or tables and put the books back on the proper shelf. Students are not allowed to bring their personal books, school bags or belongings in the library. Students must tuck in chairs and carry back their belongings before leaving the library. Library staff is not responsible for items left behind.
- No beverages or food is allowed in the library at any time.
- The Borrower’s Ticket is Not Transferable. Books will be issued only against respective student`s Borrower’s Ticket
- On loss of Borrower’s Tickets, a student shall have to pay a fine of Rs. 10/-. If a book issued to the member is not returned on or before the due date, a late fee of Rs. 5/- per day per book is charged. In case of book issued for overnight is not returned next day, the late fee of Rs. 10/- is charged per day per book.
- Books marked, disfigured or damaged will have to be replaced or paid for by the borrower. Any borrower found mutilating; defacing or attempting to illegally remove any library material will be referred to the Principal for disciplinary action.
- In the event of loss, users will bear the replacement cost of the book, plus additional handling and processing charges. (In the event that a library item which has been deemed to have been lost is subsequently found and returned, the Librarian may refund part or whole of the replacement costs to the patron, but all processing and other handling changes will be deemed non-refundable.)
- Persons failing to comply with Library rules may be asked to leave the Library. Repeated offenders will be reported to the Principal and/or have their library privileges revoked.
- All outstanding fines or fees must be settled prior to term end exam otherwise No Dues Certificate will not be issued.