SPORTS & YOGA
Students are encouraged to take part in sports activities. The School provides ample facilities for outdoor & indoor games. Annual Sports Meet is held every year.
Following fun games and track and field events are held regularly in the school:
- Basic rules of Games and Sports;
- Savdhan Vishram , Kadamtal
- Track and Field
- Games and Sports like Volleyball; Basketball; Throwball ; Badminton
- Physical Fitness Test
- Fire in the Mountain;
- jumping, hoping, walking, running
- Bending, stretching, pushing
- Leg Race team race
- throwing, striking
Yoga is taught in the school as a way of life for stress management .The students are also taught how Yoga influences Personality development (physically, emotionally, intellectually, socially and spiritually) through the following activities regularly in the morning assemblies and games periods by the concerned teachers:
- Asana – classification of asanas.
- Pranayama – Anuloma – Viloma and Bhastika Pranayam and Guidelines for practice of Pranayama along with its types
- Kapalbhati Pranayam with its procedure and benefits
- Mudra – Gyan mudra
- Meditation – OM chanting.
- Yogic practices for increasing flexibility
- Demonstration and practice of yogasana is done along with photographs and videos of yogic practices
- Asana- Uttanpadasan, Chakrasan, suryanamaskar